Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LMD VCL Complete 2021 slow install

Hi,

I am having an issue with installing LMD VCL Complete 2021 (source setupvcl21src). It takes many hours and it is barely 25% installed (check attached image). What could be the problem? If I install package for specific Delphi version (Delphi/C++Builder 10.4 Sydney) it installs fast. 

Windows PRO
RAD Studio XE 10.4 Enterprise

• Kind regards

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We tested on different machines (including fast SSD or slower HDDs), but can't reproduce this issue. Source installer contains many files (around 17k), but this should not cause any problems on a normal system (even a very slow HDD should not have a problem and lead to installation times of several minutes max).

>>What could be the problem? <<
    Please try to install on a different system to check out whether this is a problem on this particular system. Possible causes could be some kind of security software which checks each file or s.th. similar.
  • Hi,

The problem is gone in version LMD VCL Complete 2021.1 (May 31, 2021). I am not sure what are you doing during the installer but the latest one installed in around two minutes.

Kind regards
  • Thanks for your feedback!

>>I am not sure what are you doing during the installer but the latest one installed in around two minutes.<<
    We didn't change anything to fix/workaround this, so it is surprising that .1 installer works fine...