Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Unicode character in Headersection data

Hi,
When i try to add header section data then it saves the data in unicode character rather than English. Sometime even the field value is also populated with Unicode characters. I could not figure out as how can i resolve this issue.

I am attaching the screenshot.

Tagged:

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In a quick test with latest IDE (10.3) and ElPack version issue can not be reproced.

Therefore please provide all information which are required to reproduce issue:
    - Delphi/C++Builder release
    - ElPack version (are you using latest version or did you compile sources yourself and changed unicode settings?)
    - Steps to reproduce issue. Or send demo project to support mail (only sources and project files).

• Hi,
    I am using Delphi 10.3 and also using the latest version of ELPack 2019. I have modified the Demo project that comes LMD VCL 2019 and attaching  it with this mail.

As for steps to reproduce :-</div>
    1. Select the tree and then goto headersection property then a property editor opens up. Select any header and then change the text.
    2. Now apply the change and save and close the form.
    3. Once you open the form then you can see the header text is showing in unicode rather than English.

I thought it is the case with me only but it is happening with my colleague also.

Regards,
    Shekhar
    7z
    7z
    ElTree.7z
    1M
  • Cannot reproduce the issue even with your demo project:

Please ensure that you use our latest code (2019.10 and later). Also, it is recommended to use TElXTree, not TElTree.
  • Addendum: There was a fix in 2019.10 to handle such problems with Headersections in old DFMs (like the demo you used, we still have to keep D6/BCB6 compatiblity for this). However problem should not happen with new instances at all.
  • Thanks Rafeal. 

I will update the code as i last updated in June last year. I will let you know if the issue is fixed or not.

Regards,
    Shekhar 
  • Hi,
    This issue is now fixed after taking the latest source code.

Regards,
    Shekhar