Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LMD Storage Pack and Modal Forms

Hi

C++ Builder 2007

Are there any pointers about using these components in Modal forms?

I have an TLMDStorXMLVault component on a DFM that all my forms link to. For non-modal windows everything works automatically. But with modal windows, where I am using both LMDStorFormStorage and LMDStorPropertiesStorage components I cannot find a way to make them work properly.

One of my modal forms is complex, with many controls on it. If I have LMD storage components active on it I often get AVs after I close the form. I have tried letting the components save their properties automatically or manually in the OnClose event and in the OnCloseQuery event but, in all cases, they seem to introduce problems after the window is closed.

It's not practical to create a sample app to demonstrate this as there's a lot of database and background threaded processing involved. 

But when I am testing the system, it is 100% stable without the Storage controls being active on the Modal window but prone to freezing or AVs when the Storage controls are enabled, especially after the modal form is closed.

Andy

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It's not practical to create a sample app to demonstrate this as there's a lot of database and background threaded processing involved. 

Unfortunately, we can't help in such situation. Isolated demo app (or at least a confirmation of the issue in isolated conditions with clear steps to reproduce is required).
  • OK, understood.

But do you not have any 'best practices' to recommend? The demos are too small to cover real world scenarios...

Andy
  • It's hard to answer too wide questions. Can you please describe what exactly not working with modal forms (except AV problems with your specific big form)? We definitely will try to help you.