Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ElPromptDialog - Windows 10

I have an issue with the PromptDialog component with Windows 10. Sometimes the height of the dialog component is not correct with about 25% of the component missing. I am using Delphi XE8 and and calling ShowModal to display the dialog.

I do not seem to get this problem with Windows Vista. All of my Windows 7 and 8 computers have updated to Windows 10 so I can't check with these operating systems.

Any clues as to what is going on?

Graham

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>Any clues as to what is going on?<<
    No. We'll check out this issue and try to reproduce this.
  • It appears that it is not just the prompt dialog, so it may not be an ElPack issue. I have now noticed the same thing in Delphi XE8 when I create a form at runtime. The height of the form is sometimes (about 1 in 20) not correct. So it may be a Windows 10 issue, an XE8 issue or a combination of both.
  • More information. 
    The amount by which the height of the form is short is actually the height of the Caption bar.

The common thing between the ElPromptDialog and my Form is that they both contain the TElFormCaption component. At the moment it looks like the problem is here. If I set the TElFormCaption to have a ThemeMode of ttmNone then I have not yet seen the problem.
    However if I do this, then the forms that have additional buttons in the Caption bar do not display correctly.

So it looks like TElFormCaption is the guilty component when the ThemeMode is set to ttmPlatform.
  • Another thing, if you make a change to the ElPromptDialog, it may be a good idea to set the Image to AutoSize to cope with different PixelsPerInch values. This stops it getting chopped off.

• Hi,

The image is anyway 32*32 pix. Why you want to resize it?

Eugene,
    LMD Innovative.
  • 1:

It appears that if you set the pixelsperinch to 144 you need to set the Image to AutoSize otherwise it gets chopped.

2:

The problem with the TElFormCaption is still there in ElPack 2016. This can be easily demonstrated by the use of the PromptDialog component in Windows 10. The height of the dialog box is sometimes reduced by the height of the forms caption panel.

I have to remove the TElFormCaption from the TElPromptDialog to eliminate this problem. I assume there is some timing issue going on here as the problem does not happen every time.

Graham

Hi,

I've added DisableCustomCaption property to TElPromptDialog to provide possibility to workaround this problem by inactivating inner TElFormCaption.

Eugene,
    LMD Innovative.
  • That will probably work for the PromptDialog, but it is the TElFormCaption that has the problem. I have used this component on lots of forms and I am getting the issue all the time.