Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Opening documents that are not part of a project

Hi,

If I have set up my main screen to have a project manager and a ProjectManagerView,  do all opened documents have to be a part of the tree,  or can the documents exist outside of the tree.

I'm trying to find a way to have a different class of documents open in my ide that don't belong to the project (ie they are global user defined components that can be used in all projects),  but that can still be designed,  and I'm having difficulties working out how best to do it as everything at the moment is tied into the project manager.  Any hints you can give me would be very useful.

Regards
Keith.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Unfortunately, there no way. If you want to do this, you have to use your own controls to show documents instead of ProjectManagerView.

Or, may be in your case it will be adequate to create a node called something like "Global" in the project manager (outside of the project node), keeping this node collapsed by default. And place all your gloabal documents under this node.
    Why not?.. The user will have a chance to quickly open and edit them...