Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TElXTree: Need to SelectAllEx(False) twice and Ctrl-Click twice before any effect

In the Mega-Demo the Ctrl-Click selection process works fine.

In my app it requires that the user repeat the action, as if it is necessary to focus the item first.

What could be causing this? I've checked all the settings and I have no events on the ElXTree.

SelectAllEx(...) seems to be having some strange effects.
The user needs to click the button that calls this function twice to see any effect on the ElXTree.
If after the first call the mouse is moved down the tree, hovering above the items, the font changes to gray,
and if I click below the last item then all the items are displayed as selected.

How can this be made normal?

I do have inplace editors for the tree items (text) and datetime columns.

thanks.

Raymond

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • 1. Please use correct Category. You are asking an ElPack question, not a NG Controls one.
    2. Regarding your question. No idea what you mean. Please send a demo project to mail @ lmdsupport.com at describe exactly what you mean.

• I have checked again, and In the Mega-Demo the Ctrl-Click selection process does *not* work fine.
    This is the downloaded exe of the Mega-Demo, not one I compiled myself.

I Ctrl+Click on the first 4 items and then back to the first and then on a child of the first item and then another item.

After a while, the first item is not selected.

Also, there is a cycle of 4 clicks to get an item to turn on/off instead of 2.

Therefore this is a problem with the control itself.

Regards,
    Raymond

• Also, after further repeated clicking on an item that won't toggle selection except in a cycle of 4 Ctrl+Clicks, row-selection does not apply. Only the cell clicked is highlighted as selected.

As to whether the items are selected or not, I haven't investigated yet, but the interface of the selection process for TElXTree has bugs - definitive.

Regards,
    Raymond
  • >>I have checked again, and In the Mega-Demo the Ctrl-Click selection process does *not* work fine. This is the downloaded exe of the Mega-Demo, not one I compiled myself.<<
    You mean the one which was compiled with ElPack 7 from public download area? I compiled with current version and can not reproduce this behaviour. So please let me know at least which one of the integrated demos you tried.
  • Now I can't see the behaviour I described, so Windows 7 must have been corrupted somehow - probably with Delphi XE3, which sometimes just ceases to be in memory with no warning or has other problems that may be caused by debugging and testing that has the program halted without ending nicely.

In any case, the selection process in my own application appears to work quite well now.

Sorry to have bothered you about this issue.

Thanks.
    Raymond.