Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Opening CHM Help file from TLMDDockPanel

I have found that if a TLMDDockPanel is floating then clicking F1 will open an suitably configured CHM help file. However if that panel is docked to an edge then F1 no longer works. Is this by design (in which case - why?) or I am just doing something stupid? 

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • more info: I notice that Floating panels can be selected so that the title bar shows that they are selected (they change color). Docked panels can be selected so that they can be dragged about but the title bar does not change color (indicating a 'lower level' of selection?). If a panel is empty or parts are not covered by other controls, clicking the body/background of the panel does result in F1 working. But when a panel is covered by a control set to Align = client F1 does not work, presumably as the F1 keypress never gets to the actual panel.
  • > Docked panels can be selected so that they can be dragged about but the title bar does not change color...

That's strange. Docked panels can be selected too, and their title bar should change color. Even panels, pinned to sides, can be selected.

> But when a panel is covered by a control set to Align = client F1 does not work...

May be you use some non-standard controls? Can you re-check with TMemo for example?
  • After 3 days of stripping stuff out I finally found the problem: The main form FormStyle was set to fsMDIForm rather than Normal. (i.e. as I originally thought, I was doing something stupid!)
    The original version of my app from years ago was MDI and I never thought of this property when I converted it to floating panels a while ago. This seems to be the only negative effect this mistake had.