Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TLMDFontCollection support for "Material Design Icons Desktop"

Hi,

I'm Trying to use the TLMDFontCollection component with the very complete "Material Design Icons Desktop":

However it seems im unable to use it since it fails to get the unicode codes. I noticed they seem to the codes are not supported by the component.
Any help would be appreciated since it's a very complete collection of material style icons. I'm using the latest LMD 2022 version.

I've attached the TTF and the Codes in a Zipped file.
Thanks!

zip
zip
Material Design Icons Desktop.zip
1M

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The list of code-points is not a part of the font. It can be loaded separately into font collection item Codepoints property. The format is the following:

ab-testing F01C9
    abacus F16E0
    abjad-arabic F1328
    abjad-hebrew F1329
    abugida-devanagari F132A
    abugida-thai F132B
    access-point F0003
    access-point-check F1538

However, it's not a good idea to store such a big list of codepoints in form's dfm file. So, i would suggest to work without codepoint list, typing hex numbers directly.
  • edited July 2023 Posts: 4Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your answer, however it seems that large unicode codes are not supported by TLMDFontCollection:

For example this char (F09F0):
    see Image A

I put the code-point:
    see Image B

But when i select the image it looses the first F and gets me the respective Glyph
    see Image C

If I type directly in the object inspector:
    See Image D

How can I enter codes larger then 65535?
  • Images
    jpg
    jpg
    A.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    B.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    C.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    D.jpg
  • Hmm. We use WideChar which is two bytes long in Delphi. I need to think how to process such values.
  • Thanks, hope the component can support longer values in the near future