Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Installation of lmd vcl complete sources takes "forever".

Hello all,

I am trying to install LMD VCL Complete from source (setupvcl22src.exe) and the installation takes forever.  The installer is now at roughly 15% and the setup estimates there's another 50 minutes left.  The target drive is an SSD!   I am installing into a directory that was empty so the setup needs not backup anything. For some reason, it is skipping hundreds of demo files from installation, which is certainly not my intention.  

Is there any way to speed things up?

png
png
lmd.png
Tagged:

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Such an issue was reported previously and for an older version by another customer (https://forum.lmd.de/discussion/1037/lmd-vcl-complete-2021-slow-install), but 
    a.) could not be reproduced by us and
    b.) disappeared with a new service pack (though we did not change anything with the installer)
    Hence we suspect this is originated possibly by the system environment (Firewall, Antivirus software (a lot of files are installed), etc.)). 

Anyway - as VCL Complete customer you always have possibility to get the source via GIT and install using the DevUtil tool for generating the packages. 

Notes:
    Another SP (2022.9) is coming soon, so you might report us whether problem still exists. 
    At least with LMD 2023 release problem should be gone (new installer technology will be used).

• I had this problem yesterday, installing the 2022.8 release. It took over 3 hours. While anti-virus, etc., can often cause this sort of issue, I don't get this issue with any other install or copy. Based purely on looking at the dialog occasionally, it seems to take longer to "skip" files than it does to copy them.
  • Was one or more previous version installed into same folder before and not uninstalled? Can you please try to uninstall a previous version beforehand? Maybe this causes the problems.