Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

DockPanel - popup menu

I have a non-standard popup menu from a 3rd party I am using on a DockPanel. However I have to trigger this via the OnHeaderPopup event as it is not available via the Panel's HeaderMenu property. But this event only occurs on a Right-click which requires in non-intuitive actions from the user. 

Is there a way to trap the Left-click on the DockPanel Header pbMenu button? - or force the HeaderMenu to accept the non-standard menu?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Rafael, did you miss this question or is it just too stupid to bother with? 
  • Hi,

pbMenu button triggers OnHeaderPopup event on mouse left-click only if some popup menu is assigned to HeaderMenu panel's property. For future version I will remove this restriction. 

Currently, as a work-around, you can add an empty dummy popup menu, and implement OnHeaderPopup as you want. Set Handled event parameter to True to prevent default menu showing.
    As a side note: general left click panel header event is not possible because of dragging support.
  • True! Looking at the popup again with fresh eyes I think I was starting to misuse it anyway, I probably need to re-think the functions I was crowding into the menu and move them into proper controls on the panel.