Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to fix the LMDPNGImageList error?

How to fix the LMDPNGImageList error?

After upgrading RAD11.2 with LMD2022, we got following messages at run-time.
It worked fine in previous versions. (LMD 2020 in RAD10.4.1)

1. Debugger Exception Notification : raised exception class EPNGUnknownCriticalChunk with message 'This "Portable Network Graphics" image contains an unknown critical part which could not bo decoded.'.
2. Debugger Exception Notification : raised exception class EReadError with message 'Error reading LMDPNGImageList1.Bitmap:this "Portable Network Graphics" image contains an unknown critical part which could not bo decoded.'.

It looks like it's conflicting with PNG images in RAD11.2.

How to fix it?

png
png
1.png
png
png
2.png
png
png
3.png

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • After upgrading RAD11.2 with LMD2022, we got following message at run-time.

Please provide the error message?
  • 1. Debugger Exception Notification : raised exception class EPNGUnknownCriticalChunk with message 'This "Portable Network Graphics" image contains an unknown critical part which could not bo decoded.'.
    2. Debugger Exception Notification : raised exception class EReadError with message 'Error reading LMDPNGImageList1.Bitmap:this "Portable Network Graphics" image contains an unknown critical part which could not bo decoded.'.

I attach the messages.

• In 2021 we removed our own PNG images support, because the latest Delphi versions provide native built-in implementation. So, the error you encounter may be due to some inconsistencies between these different versions.

Unfortunately, there no other way, except of removing and reimporting all images to the list.
  • edited November 2022 Posts: 6Vote Up0Vote Down
    I understood removing LMDPNGImageList in my project. Is that correct?
    But LMD2022 still has it.

Which component to use instead of LMDPNGImageList in RAD11.2 or LMD2022?
    I have used dozens of LMDPNGImageList in many projects.

It takes too long to remove them all. Please help!

• You can continue to use TLMDPNGImageList. Just reimport all images in it.