Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

clone repository

I tried to checkout the code with git. I followed your instructions
xx

I created Personal Access Token using the name "git".

I opened the windows power shell for a directory on my computer and executed the command

for "<your-private-token>" I set my Personal Access Token

The output is:

Cloning into 'lmdvclx'...
remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://git.lmd.de/customer/lmdvclx/'

I also tried to use the name "git" instead of "oauth2".
I guess that I might missed to use the credentials, but my experiments with

git credential fill

failed too. 

Please can you tell my, what migth went wrong?

<script type="text/javascript"> var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "ORIGINAL: "; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1); </script>

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 0Vote Up0Vote Down
    >>Please can you tell my, what migth went wrong?<<
    I just tried process with a new user and everything works fine. Generally, if you can access in GitLab the public repos, you are able to clone them (in all other cases there is a permission problem. I checked your account and you are in the correct user groups to access the public repos).

>>remote: HTTP Basic: Access denied<<
    This is a strange error message, because you try to use oauth2 token based authentication. I was able to reproduce your error message when I manipulated the generated access token, so my best guess is that a copy&paste error was made when copying the token.

In any case the correct clone command looks like this:
    whereby ACCESS_TOKEN is the generated private token.

• I used the correct command. I opened:

again and see that the token that I used is still there and it is called "feed token".
    Perhaps this is not the correct one.

There is a Revoke button. Can I revoke and recreate the access token?

var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "ORIGINAL: "; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);
  • >>Perhaps this is not the correct one.<<
    Exaclty. This is the wrong one.

>>There is a Revoke button. Can I revoke and recreate the access token?<<
    Yes. Follow exactly the instructions and note the token somewhere - you can't read get this token from anywhere later (you see it only after generation).
  • With the new access token the cloning worked very well. 
    Please excuse my stupid mistake and thank you for your efforts.
    var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "ORIGINAL: "; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);
  • >>Please excuse my stupid mistake and thank you for your efforts.<<
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :-)