Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TElScrollBox colors customization

Hi,

I tried to apply custom colors to ScrollBox background and scrollers. But scrollers are always of system color. I've set UseCustomScrollBars property in Form.OnCreate(), then colors were changed. But thumb color is the same as track color. It's very bad, especially when colors are not so bright.

I've added ThumbColor property to TScrollStyles. Modified modules are sent by email. But all my efforts had dead end. It's because your SBHook unit was developed for 32 bit platform only. Nothing can be customized in x64 platform. Looks like I'm giving up with my wishes to customize UI.

You should be more clear, when you declare that your component set supports x64 platform.

Do you have any plans to update SBHook for x64?

Thank you.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>You should be more clear, when you declare that your component set supports x64 platform.<<
    You never mentioned explicitely x64 behaviour. However you are right, we'll mention this in next documention update.

>>Do you have any plans to update SBHook for x64?<<
    Actually not. When you check out all our latest packages, you'll notice that we avoid to use such approaches - they are still there for compatibility reasons.

• >>Actually not<<

Nice. But UI customization was one of the most significant aspect why I used your library. Do you wish to say, that you'll not take a care about colors, etc. customization in future?
  • Hi,

>> Do you wish to say, that you'll not take a care about colors, etc. customization in future? <<
    All I said is that we won't use those techniques (a.k.a. the way the feature was implemented by the original programmers like SBHook) in the future.