Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Programatically Dock Docking Panels

edited September 2014 in LMD-Tools Vote Up0Vote Down
I am new to docking and could use some help figuring out how to programatically dock panels together. For example, I would like to float several panels (I know how to float them) and then join them together into a set of floating tabs. Conversely, I would like to be able to take a set of floating tabs and dock them into the space zone in a tabbed arrangement. Could you tell me how to do this?

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

1) For docking panels you should use TLMDDockSite.DockControl method, which has additional Zone parameter. This parameter allow you to specify a zone (TLMDDockZone) on the site, relative to which your panel will be docked (LMD-DockPack demo shows the concept of site's zones tree).

2) The panel class has Zone and Site properties, which provides access to current panel's zone and parent dock site correspondingly. 
    So, to make a group of two floating panels, you can: after making first panel floating you can access its (implictly created) parent site, and use it to dock another one panel into it.