Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LMDToolBar is very poor

I try to use TLMDToolbar. But there are big limitations.
  • First the action associated to a TLMDToolBarButton don't work.
  • It is impossible to show only Glyph when a Caption is associated with a TLMDToolbarButton
  • The Dispalyname of a TLMDToolBarButton is eneffective 
  • It is impossible to change the glyph from a list png or bmp, the Edit Buttons is always creating new buttons.
  • For each TLMDToolBarButton it is impossible to load a png glyph alone, the message invalid graphic format appear always.
  • Thera is anay information on TLMDToolBar in the different help files assiacte with LMD, and nothing on the website
  • The PNGImageList is not stable and Glyphs disappears very easily, in design mode and in runtime mode

In a future version is it possible to have a "good" version f a modern Toolbar (extension of TToolbar97!!!). 

In the same way, is it possible to have a very powerful software to manage le Image list (png and bmp) outside of the components TLMDpngimagelist and TLMDImageList. 

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>In a future version is it possible to have a "good" version f a modern Toolbar (extension of TToolbar97!!!). <<
    I don't guess so. TLMDToolBar is really a simple toolbar implemenation when you need fast results (using the connected component editors). 

>>In the same way, is it possible to have a very powerful software to manage le Image list (png and bmp) outside of the components TLMDpngimagelist and TLMDImageList. <<
    You own the sources of the component editors - it is no big deal to extract them to standalone editors ;-)
  • Hi Rafael,

>>I don't guess so. TLMDToolBar is really a simple toolbar implemenation when you need fast results (using the connected component editors). 
    I  send you (linked with this Comment) a very small project with an 1 TLMDToolBar, 1 TLMDPNGImageList , 1 TLMDActionList, 3 TActions and 3 TLMDToolbarButtons. 
    First when I use the Edit... from the PopUpMenu it is impossible to access at The PNGImageList >:P. So I create Three Buttons without any glyph associated.
    Second I take the buttons one by one to associate a glyph. The Imagelist is registered with a image number=-1. This right. But when I try to modify this number, I am afraid to do that in a blind mode, the glyphes doec not appear in a list et I put the glyph number from a print paer of all Glyphes in the TPNGImageList >:P.
    I change the method, i associate an action with each TLMDBarButtons. It is impossible to dissociate the two sights: Glyph+Caption. To show only Glyph in the button I have to do Caption='' in the Designer. But at this point my action is unusable in a menuitem #:-S.
    Worse, when I compile and launch the program, the actions are ineffective.

To close my reproaches there is no reference to TLMDToolBar and TLMDToolbarButton in the different help (chm and ms linked with XE3,XE5,XE7,XE8!!!) any more than exist an example of use of these elements.

>>You own the sources of the component editors - it is no big deal to extract them to standalone editors.

Sure I can modify all the sources of the LMD packages, but at their price and update prices, I can hope not to do that.

If I try to unload a lot of Glyph from the EditPNGList, i have to do that one by one!!!! Very hard il my pml list has one hundred glyphes.
    If I suppress one glyph all the numbers are modified and The look and Feel of my program is affected. And very often the Glyph Editor crash.

My mainly reproach is for the first item and I am not satisfied of your answer or if i understand well I have to give up this Toolbar and return to the traditionnal TToolBar or TToolbar97

Best regards.
    Gerard
    :-$ L-)