Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Program runs in IDE, will not run from a shortcut

I am using C++ Builder XE7 and XE8.  Do I need to have LMD Tools installed into 2 separate folders? I assume I do.  So currently I have

C:\LMD2015   (for XE7)
C:\LMD2015_XE8  (for XE8)

Everything for XE7 works fine.  I have a project I built with XE8 and when I run it from a shortcut I get "lmdrtrtlx220.bpl is missing from your computer".  The program runs fine from the IDE. The file is located in c:\lmd2015_xe8\packages.  My path does include this folder.  If I open a Command prompt, change folder to c:\lmd2015_xe8\packages, then tell it the full path to my .EXE then the executable runs fine. 

So a few questions: Is there a way to have the bpl linked into the application? I don't like including external files.  I tried everything I could think of in the linking options.

Why can't it find the BPL if it is listed in my path statement?

============================================================================================================
Note: I took my path statement and put it in a .bat file, and then ran the .bat file.  My path then showed the c:\lmd2015_xe8\packages.  But then I put a different .bat file in that folder and tried to run it from a different folder, and Windows said the file could not be found.  So the PATH statement was actually not working as expected.  I rebooted, checked the path statement and now it finds those files that are in my path.  So it looks like a bug in Windows, probably won't allow a really long path to be set in a batch file or something.  I'd still prefer these files to be embedded into the .exe

Comments