Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Minor SyntaxEdit questions and suggestions for

I registered LMD IDE-Tools very recently. I'm just starting to use the editor control and I have a few questions and issues, in order of their relative importance to me:

(a) Is it possible to specify the color used for displaying "special characters"? If not, please consider this a feature request.

Explanation: I am a translator, and I enable displaying "whitespace" characters in every editor that supports it, because a difference between one and two spaces is sometimes the difference between a correct text and a punctuation error. However, it helps a lot if the special characters can be displayed using a slightly dimmer color, so that they are distinct from the surrounding text. The difference in readability is actually quite significant when there is a lot of text. (I have attached a screenshot to compare the result; the LMD editor is on the right.)

(b) How can I highlight every occurence of a string in the editor? I know of the highlight command, but it only applies to the current selection. Instead, it would be great e.g. to highlight all matches after a search (like the Delphi IDE and some other Windows editors do).

(c) It would be nice to have the ability to mark modified / saved lines in a gutter bar, like the Delphi IDE does.

(d) Is it possible to change the frequency of line numbers? For example, to display the full number every five lines instead of every ten?

(e) In the line-numbering bar, is it possible to hide the soft-wrap markers? In a large paragraph with a lot of wrapped lines, they tend to obscure the view. (If not hide them, then perhaps display them in a much dimmer color?)

(f) Is it possible to display a ruler above the editor (with distance markers in cm or inches)? Something similar to the left part of the screenshot, perhaps?

Thanks a lot for your time!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4Vote Up0Vote Down
    The attachment didn't work, it seems. Instead, the screenshot is here:
    http://www.tranglos.com/download/whsp-diff.png

• Hi,

(a) Not possible. The color of the character (as well as the background) got from syntax scheme. So, for example, space characters inside string literal will have string literal color.

(b) AddHighlight, RemoveHighlight, ClearHighlight methods allows to highlight any number of fragments.

(c) This is not supported. This feature is actually will relate not only to editor itself. We need to have some "base state" to compare with.

(d) Use Gutter.LineNumberingInterval property, which is set to 10 by default.

(e) You should use Gutter.WrapLineBarImg property.

(f) No.