Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can't customize scrollbars in TElScrollBox

Hi,

I'm trying to change colors, etc. for TElScrollBox scrollbars. I've disabled theme support, disabled UseSysColor (or something like that...) I tried everything I could imagin... no effects. And I can't turn the UseCustomScrollBars property on.
Why?

At the same time I can modify "standalone" TElScrollBar component colors. But I'd like to use TElScrollBox.

RAD XE5.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

>>And I can't turn the UseCustomScrollBars property on.<<
    At designtime? Works at runtime for TElScrollBox only.
    Don't know why original creators implemented this that way. I added this to feature requests, because looks strange to me as well. 
  • I'm not sure I've understood... The runtime properties must be put into public section. Then it will never lead to a misunderstanding. But I've not understood - what is the right way to go, or is it completely impossible to customize TElScrollBox scroll bars? Please clarify.

And in follow up... Your TScrollStyles (or how it is called...) doesn't allow to set different colors for the thumb and the track. In particular, look at the PhotoShop SC6 scrollbars. I'd like to implement similar color scheme, but using your standard components. Therefore I need some dark color for the track and some lighter color for the thumb. And some third (intermediate) color for the grip. So, what about to add yet another "ThumbColor property?

Also I'd like to draw your attention on how BlendBackground property works. It works strangely. In designtime it makes the track color to be darker, but in runtime it resets the track color to its default (system) value. Or at least the color is very similar to the usual system color. It works in the same way for both 32 and 64 bit platform.

• >>I'm not sure I've understood... The runtime properties must be put into public section. <<
    Like I said in my first answer: I don't know why original creators implemented this that way. 
    We'll review this at later time and make either property public or make it work at designtime as well.