Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How to get the TLMDDockPanels from a TSplitterSizer?

When a user clicks on a TSplitterSizer, I'd like to access the panels it is related to, for example, if it's a vertical splitter, I'd like to access the panel(s) on the left and on the right of the splitter.

-----------------------------
|         |           |      |
|         |           |      |
|         |           |      |
|    A    |   X       |  E   |
|         |           |      |
|         |           |      |
|        
|-----------|              |
|         |  C  |  B  |      |
|         |     |     |      |
|        
|-----------|      |
|        
|     D     |      |
|         |           |      |
|----------------------------|

For example, in the screenshot I attached (PS: attachment didn't work, see ascii image above), when the Splitter in red is being used, I want to know that on its left there is the panel 'A', and on its right there is panels X, C and D (and ideally B as well), or the big area that contains all X,B,C and D.
In a similar way, if the blue splitter is used, I want to know that above it there is X, and below there is C and B.
The Space zone is X.

I'm trying to do that inside  TSplitterSizer.Update;
I'm already accessing the splitter itself, and its .ZoneA and .ZoneB properties, with a code like this:

lZone    := TLMDDockZone(FData);
  lSpltr   := lzone.Splitters[FData2];

LocalZoneA := lSpltr.ZoneA;
 LocalZoneB := lSpltr.ZoneB;

And I'm trying to use those zones to access the panels (LocalZoneA.FPanel), but the panels as you know can be nil, depending on the layout.
So how can I find out what are the panels (in a more or less complex configuration) that are immediately to the left and to the right of a vertical splitter?
Is there a way to navigate through the list of panels or zones and find it out?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

You should use site's GetHiTest method. The method will return a lot of information, whic allow to determine, whether you clicking on a splitter, and as well splitter's parent zone, which contains all child zones. 

So, this zone tree provide you full configuration of how panels are docked.