Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TElXTree: Left/Right Arrow Cursor Movement is determined by Index order and not Visible Column Order

Hello.

[I have emailed you this same text together with a demo as source code.]

Use the left/right arrow keys with the attached application only the source is provided.

I built it in XE3.

The cursor jumps from column to column according to the HeaderSections Index order, which is not what should happen.

The selected column should follow the column order.

Also, because Index 0 represents the MainTreeColumn, which is placed in column 3, once the cursor moves left to it, it stays there and the others to the visual left cannot be moved to. Column 3 is also skipped when moving the cursor right with the right-arrow key.

Do you consider that you would change this behaviour?

Thanks.

Regards,
Raymond

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>[I have emailed you this same text together with a demo as source code.]<<
    It is not required to double each request. Either use support or forum. Not both at the same time.

>>Do you consider that you would change this behaviour?<<
    Will be discussed by ElPack team.
  • Because each user is allowed to change which fields appear in the table and which order they appear in, it is critical that the cursor movement by arrow-keys is in sequence from left to right - i.e. based on visual order and not index order.

I have now solved the problem myself - after many hours - but for the future benefit of all, it should be inbuilt.

Regards,
    Raymond