Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ReadMe.txt for ElPack

The Uninstall instructions in ReadMe.txt are for LMD-Tools, not for ElPack.

There is other information referring to LMD-Tools too.

Raymond

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Uninstall instructions are the same for the complete LMD VCL line (regardless whether LMD-Tools, ElPack, IDE-Tools or standalone package).
  • I have installed LMD-Tools separately from ElPack.

"Remove all dcllmd*.* and lmd*.* files from the \projects\bpl (and  \projects\lib in CBuilder) folders below your CBuilder/Delphi installation folder."

I didn't want to remove LMD files, only ElPack files.

I couldn't find any ElPack files at that point in the uninstall process, so I installed over the top of whatever was left.

Raymond
  • >>I have installed LMD-Tools separately from ElPack.<<
    This is not recommended. Make always sure that ElPack and LMD-Tools are installed into same folder along with same platform version. Otherwise version mix up errors can occur.

>>I didn't want to remove LMD files, only ElPack files.<<
    Because both packages share the same core, this isn't that simple (if you installed into same directory).
    In this case: If you want safely uninstall one package, uninstall both completely and reinstall LMD-Tools alone. 

Using DevUtil and SVN subscription is the most simplest way to seletively install only desired parts.

• Thanks.

I had to uninstall the previous version of ElPack in order to install the latest version of ElPack.

I had no need to install the latest version of LMD-Tools.

I didn't read in the ReadMe file that they should both be installed in the same directory.
    Also, as they are 2 separate packages, I assumed they would both work independently of each other; that is, if they have a common file then having an older version for LMD should not interfere with the later version of the file in ElPack.

Raymond
    >>Also, as they are 2 separate packages<<
    >>I didn't read in the ReadMe file that they should both be installed in the same directory.<<
    As mentioned above they use the same core (means several core packages)

>> if they have a common file then having an older version for LMD should not interfere with the later version of the file in ElPack.<<
    I guess you know Delphi Package and DCU concept and that this can not be a valid statement.