Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tform border in designer

I'm trying to get a form to show up in the designer without the caption bar.  I tried setting the border style of the form to bsNone, but unlike the Delphi IDE it still shows with a caption.  I can't find anywhere in the code that this appears to be happening, any chance someone can give me a clue as to where to look?

I'm quite happy to create my own version of TForm if that's what is needed, but don't want to do that if it is just something in the IDE tools code.

Regards
Keith

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
    Hi,

I can't say right now how this is realised in IDE, but basically, this should be done inside TForm class itself. DesignPack does not make any special things to achieve this. If TForm itself (specifically, TCustomForm) does not support this, it should be implemented in a TForm descendant.
  • Ok,  thanks Eugene.

Regards
    Keith
  • I overrode GetBorderStyles and GetBorderIconStyles,  but this wasn't enough as when the designer sets csDesigned,  it then bypasses the styles set here,  so CreateParams has to be overridden - it's now working.

On another note,  I've just seen that when I re size the form in the designer window,  the project manager flickers like mad - not found out why yet - any ideas on where to look? 

Regards
    Keith
  • Hi,

Yes, CreateParams - is probably the right place.

I've look at flickering...