Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Docking zones not appearing at times

This is reproducible in my app.  If I undock two dock panels, then drag them to combine them into a single floating dock panel (tabbed), the dock zone "stencil" does not appear if I try to re-dock that floating panel back into my main form docksite.  If I then undock one of the tabbed dockpanels from that floating docksite it then shows the dock zones, but not always (I sometimes have to drop the dock panel and start dragging a 2nd time).  But at least I can eventually get them both back onto the main form's docksite.

What would prevent the dock zones from appearing?

LMD Tools 2019.11
Delphi 10.3.3

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I also just noticed that dragging any tabbed dockpanel, even in my main docksite, that the dock zones do not appear if I start dragging from the bottom tab rather than from the top heading bar.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 0 Accepted Answer Vote Up0Vote Down
    If I undock two dock panels, then drag them to combine them into a single floating dock panel (tabbed), the dock zone "stencil" does not appear if I try to re-dock that floating panel back into my main form docksite.

This is by-design, because in Delphi the user can drag only single dock client.

it then shows the dock zones, but not always...

Strange, need more precise steps to reproduce.