Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Operation of MouseWheel event when LMDEdit selected but cursor not on LMDEdit field

I am upgrading from C++ BDS 2006 and LMD tools 7.12 to C++ RAD Studio XE10.1 Berlin and LMD tools 2016.6.

In BDS 2006 / LMD 7.12, after I clicked on an LMDEdit field to select it with a LeftMouseButton click, I could increment and decrement the numbers in that field by moving the mouse wheel by evoking the OnMouseWheel event.  Most importantly, after the LMDEdit was selected and had focus, the mouse CURSOR did NOT HAVE TO BE ON the LMDEdit field to increment or decrement the number.

In RAD Studio XE 10,1 and LMD 2016, after I clicked on an LMDEdit field to select it with a LeftMouseButton click, I could still increment and decrement the numbers in that field by moving the mouse wheel by evoking the OnMouseWheel event.  However, NOW after the LMDEdit was selected and had focus, the mouse cursor HAD TO BE ON the LMDEdit field to increment or decrement the number.  My users found this to be harder to use and a definite backward step in ease of use.

Is there any way (like changing or using a MouseWheel property or method) that I could restore the mouse wheel operation from the LMD 2016 cursor HAS TO BE ON  the LMDEdit field to the LMD 7.12 cursor does NOT HAVE TO BE ON the LMDEdit field as long as the LMDEdit is selected and has focus?

Thank you.
Bill Anderson

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

I mistakenly put this into the 'LMD IDE-Tools' section here, and I should have put it into the 'LMD-Tools' section.  I have now put it into the 'LMD-Tools' section, and I would like to delete this discussion from the LMD IDE-Tools section here.  How do I do this?

Bill Anderson
  • This aspect seems to be changed in newest Delphi versions. I've just checked latest sources with XE2 (in which lmdedit worked fine as you want) and Delphi 10.1 (in which same code does not work).

We do not do any processing inside our code, just publish VCL's event.