Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Zoom property of tLmdRichedit

Hello LMD team,

I'm trying to set the "tLMDRichedit.zoom" property of tLmdRichedit to the value 2 in the demo project pLMDRichEditAddictSpell. 

Unfortunately it does not seem to have any effect. Is the property functional at all?

Kind regards,
Arthur Hoornweg

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

I can't reproduce your issue. Trying to set Zoom = 2 in the last line of TfrmLMDRichDialogForm.FormCreate event handler in mentioned demo work well.
  • Ah, I see. The key issue seems to be that "Zoom" must be set *after* the LoadFromFile or else it doesn't stick.  But since it is a published property, I set it at design time... which doesn't work.

Could you please support finer-grained zooming rather than just integer factors ? The EM_Setzoom message allows for a numerator/denominator system.

I do note a lot of weird side effects (Windows 7), though, that make the zoom property unusable so far: 

- If I set Zoom to 2 and then change the width of the form, the WordWrap behaves very wonky. The wider the form, the narrower the text becomes. It should be the other way around.
    - The ruler above the text becomes meaningless because it does not zoom also !
    - Changing the state of WordWrap or Ruler in the menu will disable the zoom.

• Main use of the Zoom property is in connection with Preview windows etc.
    It should not be used in some kind of edit modes (or in connection with Ruler etc.).