Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cannot dock to floating panel when floating over another dock site

Hi Eugene,

I am not sure if this is a feature or I need to code for it but I have a problem docking floating panels to one another.

The scenario is as follows:

• If I have 2 different docksites (each on their own form) with individual dock managers and I programmatically create 2 dockpanels that belong to docksite A.
  • I then undock both of them to floating.
  • I move one of the floating panels to float over docksite B.
  • I then move the second floating panel over the first floating panel with the intention of docking to it.
  • I don't get any hot zone button indicators for the floating panel.
  • If I move the floating panels away from the second docksite then all is ok.

To me it looks like the docking ability is turned off when the floating panel is over another docksite. I suspect that there is an event I can code for here but not quite sure where that would be.

Is there a simple workaround here?

Thanks.

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

Thanks for your report. The bug has been fixed.
    Unfortunately, there no simple workaround, which you can apply immediately.
  • Hi Eugene, sorry for the delayed thankyou for this fix.

However I have found something similar just now when 2 or more docksite/dockmanagers are displayed. In other words, multiple forms with a docksite and dockmanager embedded.

It is trickier to reproduce but I seem to get it reliably when I maximise one of the forms, then if I bring the other one over the maximised one I cannot then dock a new dockpanel to it.

Cheers.
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you make a small demo and send it to our support email?..