Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ExplorerEditMode does not seem to be working in TElXTree

ExplorerEditMode does not seem to be working in TElXTree.  It was before installing the latest version ElPack 2016.1.  Any ideas? 

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Component: TElXTree
    Package:   LMD ElPack 2016.1 (16-10-2015)
    IDE:       (Delphi/C++Builder XE8)
    Platform:  Platform: Windows 7 (Build: 7601, Service Pack 1)
  • Please explain in more detail what you think does not work. There were no changes in this area, so we need definition of possible regression.

>> It was before installing the latest version ElPack 2016.1.  <<
    Here again: What was the previous release where the feature worked?
  • We use the ElXTree like a property editor for getting settings.  So in a second column we instantiate inplace editors like TElTreeInplaceEdit, TElTreeInplaceSpinEdit, TElTreeInplaceFloatSpinEdit, TElTreeInplaceComboBox etc. depending on the value we are looking for.  We set ExplorerEditMode to true to get the behavior that clicking on another row/node in the tree would accept the edit. Before this last update this worked fine. Now one has to hit the Return key to accept the edit. I put in a break in the AfterOperation event and the Accepted variable is False where with ExplorerEditMode = true Accepted should be true if I understand this correctly.  If I inspect the properties of the TElTreeInplaceSpinEdit( Sender ) at this point it has Data FExplorerEditMode=False.

It looks like the version that was working for us was dated 4/27/2015 3:05PM

Hi,

The bug has been fixed. If you has access to LMD SVN, you can update the sources now, otherwise, if you can recompile from source files, just made the following modifications:

Remove the following lines from TCustomElXTree class declaration:

FVerticalLines: Boolean;
        FHorizontalLines: Boolean;
        FExplorerEditMode: Boolean;

They was occasionally added by IDE and should not be there.

Eugene,
    LMD Innovative.