Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Future of Elpack?

Hello LMD team,

I acquired Elpack ages ago because I needed a unicode VCL and Borland/Codegear didn't have that. I wasn't interested in theming or anything, just unicode.

But times have changed, all current Delphi versions are unicode-enabled and all current Windows versions are too. Delphi even has themes built-in nowadays.  So I wonder if the Elpack/LMD tools duality is still necessary? Can't LMD tools already do everything that Elpack can, all components being unicode? 

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>Can't LMD tools already do everything that Elpack can, all components being unicode? <<
    No. There are controls which do not exist in LMD-Tools - e.g. TElX(DB)Tree, so ElPack won't dissappear pretty soon. 
    However I guess it is obvious that fundamental new controls/features are added with higher priority either to LMD VCL (which is the line for any IDE from Delphi/C++Builder 6 and higher) or NG Controls (which covers more recent Delphi and FMX platforms).