Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Transparency issue - decimals in telcurrencyedit

Hello LMD team,

since upgrading to the current SVN version of "LMD vcl complete" I have an issue in one of my applications. 

What happens is that telcurrencyedit renders its decimals in black ink on a black background which is pretty useless. The form uses form inheritance and some panels are created dynamically, therefore the problem is difficult to isolate into a simple test case. I've tried thet but I didn't succeed.

It only happens on systems that have theming switched off (such as windows 2003). The form looks normal on Windows versions that have theming. Any idea what could be causing this, and how I can stop it from happening?  It is currently a show stopper for me

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Only to clarify: Is this a "new" behavior (because of update)? If yes - which was the last working version for you? Does switching back to this version solve issue? (using e.g. Tortoise you can easily switch between different version numbers).
    If not: Such issues are usually related to DoubleBuffered/ParentBackground and ThemeSettings issues. If you can give us some more hints of your special use cases, we can try to replicate issue.
  • Hi Rafael, it is hard for me to determine how new the behaviour is because 99% of my users have Windows theming enabled so maybe just no-one was affected for a long time. However I do know for a fact that the application didn't show this behaviour when it was first released in 2007 and all intermediate updates were only bugfixes (no visual changes). Now that it has been reported to me, I can indeed re-produce the issue on my system if I activate the Windows 7 basic theme. 

This application is rather complex. It uses visual form inheritance, visual frame inheritance and it has a "wizard" structure which means that it dynamically creates the appropriate frame depending on how the user navigates.It also uses dxGettext for automatic caption translation. Because of all this, the sequence of component creation and parent assignment is very different from a simple application that was created with drag-and-drop. This makes it hard to isolate the error in a simple test case because the error just does not happen on simple forms created with drag-and-drop.   

However...  this behaviour *only* affects telcurrencyedit, I don't see it on any other Elpack components.

The text before the decimal dot is perfectly OK, the text after the decimal dot is black-on-black but only if Windows themes are disabled. It is perfectly allright if Windows themes are enabled.