Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TLMDPrinter Header/Footer question

Hi,

Is there any tutorial, explaining, how to use Header/Footer? For example, I need a layout like we can see in the web browser - the header has document name at left and the date at right. But I don't see any way to do it in the header editor.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The pGeneralPrintTasksDemo demonstrate usage of Header/Footer Templates and supported dynamic variables ([Page], [PagesCount] and [Title] - only those are supported by Header editor (however along with alignment and font settings).

The template is a simple RichText snippet - if you want to provide additional dynamic features (like e.g. adding date): Simply build header/footer string at runtime and assign it to Template property.
  • >>The
    template is a simple RichText snippet - if you want to provide
    additional dynamic features (like e.g. adding date): Simply build
    header/footer string at runtime and assign it to Template property<<

And this is just what I tried to do. My problem is that I have no idea how to place one block of text at left and another one at right. "Block" means at least one line. Alignment is applicable for paragraph, so it can't be changed within one line. Tables are not supported here, AFAIU.

So, is there any solution?

At your place I'd consider HTML instead of RTF for header/footer. Isn't it a good idea?
  • >>So, is there any solution?<<
    No. As you noted, only paragraph alignment is possible (so you would need at least 2 lines to achieve desired effect).