Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LMDScrollBar - ThumbLength and ThumbMode

Hello,

I recently installed the LMD Tools SE 2013 version for Borland C++ 6 and it looks great. I am playing with the TLMDScrollBar and found a problem with ThumbLength and ThumbMode. When the ThumbMode is set to tmAuto and the min and max values are close to each other the scrollbar is almost the whole length of the scrollbar which is not ideal. So I deciced to set the ThumbMode to tmFixed and precised a value for ThumbLength that is roughly half the size of the scrollbar. When I do this the bar doesn't scroll anymore. The OnScrollEvent is OK though!

Any ideas?

regards,

alfflasymphonyx
Tagged:

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sorry, but I am not quite sure whether I understand the problem.

>> So I deciced to set the ThumbMode to tmFixed and precised a value for ThumbLength that is roughly half the size of the scrollbar. When I do this the bar doesn't scroll anymore. The OnScrollEvent is OK though!<<
    I can't imagine a valid use case here. When min-/max-values delta is very small, the much better control to edit value is a trackbar, not a scrollbar. Furthermore I guess your problem happens on click in thumb area only - the arrow buttons should work correctly (reason is, that if delta is very small, you need to exactly hit the "hotspot" area to move scrollbar thumb. This is no problem, when min-/max delta > 10.

• Hi Rafael,

Yes you are right. The issue is when I click on the thumb area, the dragging is erratic. The scrolling, onMouseWheel, works fine and so do the buttons at both end of the bar.

However I would like to point out that the scrollbar in your browser behaves correctly when the delta value is small. Why can't the LMD scrollbar behave the same?

The TrackBar is not suitable for what I need to do unfortunately. I thought about it.