Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

LMDshelllist dragging stops after viewstyle change

Concerning LMDshelllist
I am facing the following problem.

It can be easily reproduced with the demo LMDfilemanager.

You can
drag and drop files from and into the selected folder.

However,
after a viewstyle change, it becomes impossible to drag files into the
folder.

Whatever
the viewstyle.

Is there any solution for this behaviour?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Which version are you using (and which OS)? I just tested against LMD 2013 release using the FileManager demo. Regardless which Viewstyle I use Drag&Drop does work.

Anyway: If for some reason Drag&Drop does not work, simple RecreateWnd call (to recreate handle - this is the place where RegisterDrop method is called) should be sufficient.
  • My version of the Shellpack is 2013

My OS is Windows 7 Prof 32b

Do you mean a recreatewnd call of the form which contains the LMDshelllist component? This works, but it is rather annoying.

• No, the ShellList (or Drag Target) only.
  • Does the Shelllist component have a recreatewnd method? I could not find it. So how should I implement this?
  • Either create descendant (THackShellList) making RecreateWnd public and then casting your ShellList to this class or simply send message to the shell list control (SendMessage(myShellList.Handle, CM_RECREATEWND, 0, 0);  --> RecreateWND method actually does nothing else. 
  • Thanks, but I figured out that for two-way drag&drop you first have to reset the drop option, as follows.

lmdshelllist1.Options:= lmdshelllist1.Options -[loallowdrop];
        SendMessage(lmdshelllist1.Handle, CM_RECREATEWND, 0, 0);
        lmdshelllist1.Options:= lmdshelllist1.Options +[loallowdrop];