Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ElTreeInplaceFloatSpinEdit: Spinning works only for the whole number, not for each decimal component

I expect to be able to use the Spinner for each component of the floating-point number.

When the cursor is placed just before the 5 as in 1.234|5, I expect the spin edit to increment and decrement the digit in the column where 5 currently is.

I would also expect to have an option to choose whether this should auto-decrement from 1.20 to 1.19, for example, and from 1.49 to 1.50; the other choice would be to keep incrementing/decrementing just for the active digit.

Raymond

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your observations. There are 2 missing properties in InplaceFloatSpinEdit, Increment and LargeIncrement. You can set them in runtime

ElTreeInplaceFloatSpinEdit1.Editor.Increment := 0.001;
      ElTreeInplaceFloatSpinEdit1.Editor.LargeIncrement := 1;

This will allow to spin decimal part and integer part separately. Unfortunately, the control does not take into account cursor position. It always spins decimal part on wheel and spin up/down, and spins integer only by pressing Page Up / Page Down. This is bug and is being fixed.

Spin of digits in separate column of decimal part is not and unlikely will be supported, this is very unstandard behaviour.

Best regards,
    Victor Bocharov
    LMD Innovative
  • Tests done with the August release.

After setting the increment to 0.01 and the LargeIncrement to 1, the only increment that occurs is with the decimal part, namely 0.01.

This occurs with the buttons, the up/down arrows and with the mouse.

The cursor indicator is flush left in the the whole-number part.

If I move the cursor to another position and then use the buttons, the up/down arrows or the mouse, the cursor humps to flush left again.

Regards,
    Raymond
  • Please send a demo project because your problem is unclear.