Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

V2013.4 with XE4

I am having problems installing this version.

1: There seems to be no d18 project file. (_LMDElPack_d18.groupproj)

2: In the Packages folder, everything appears to be present (d18)

Any clues appreciated?

Graham

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • >>Any clues appreciated?<<
    A _d18 project group file is indeed missing (is included in 2013.5). 
    Creating it yourself shouldn't be a problem, though.
  • Where do I find 2013.5?

I tried to create my own groupproj by copying d17 and changing all occurrences of d17 to d18. Everything compiles OK, but when I try and install each bpl I get an access violation in "delphicoreide180.bpl".

Graham

• >>Where do I find 2013.5?<<
    It will be the next service release.

>>I tried to create my own groupproj by copying d17 and changing all occurrences of d17 to d18. <<
    Correct. You can certainly also create your own project group and simply add those packages you want to install. A project group is only an helper for organizing packages. Only requirement is, that LMD core packages (lmdrtl, lmdrtlx, etc. are compiled before ElPack packages).

>>Everything compiles OK, but when I try and install each bpl I get an access violation in "delphicoreide180.bpl".<<
    Just tried it myself without problems (you certainly have tried to install designtime packages (dcllmd[..]) only, right?). 

When you have further problems with installing source packages, I suggest you use the precompiled installer for XE4.

• I am only trying to install dcllmd***.bpl files. I have tried clearing out all lmd files from the Delphi bpl, dcp and hpp folders. No difference. Everything compiles fine, just can't install anything.

I use this same procedure to install LMD2013 on XE3 and all is OK.

I am running XE3 and XE4 on the same computer. Is this going to cause a problem?

>>I am running XE3 and XE4 on the same computer. Is this going to cause a problem?<<
    No. There is no problem to run several LMD versions (same version against different Delphi IDEs) on the same computer.
  • Using the precompiled XE4 files everything installs corerectly. So obviously the way I created the groupproj file was flawed.