Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Updating Component name when another property changes

I have a TagObject property which is a class,  and one of it's properties is TagName and when this property changes in the object inspector,  I'd like the name of the enclosing component to change accordingly.  Is there an easy way to do this?.

Regards
Keith

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You should implement it yourself inside your TagObject class. This is not related to design-pack at all.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 46Vote Up0Vote Down
    Sure,  sorry I didn't explain it very well - is there any kind of event raised in the design pack when a property changes it's value?  And of course if I update the name property of the owner,  I'll need to figure out how to let the object inspector know about it.
    This should work automatically. On every change property inspector update all their property values. 

If you think about it, you can realize that this is a common case in standard components. For example, if you have a data set and its Active = True, then changing some of its properties (for example TableName) will deactivate it, and you will see False value of Active property in the property inspector.
  • ok,  thanks - I'll give it a try.