Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

TElXTree: Hidden items to be displayed aligned with other items, not with RadioButtons/CheckBoxes

FilteredVisibility is set to display the Hidden items.
Standard RadioButtons or CheckBoxes are displayed.
The Item Text is aligned flush left with the Radio/Buttons or CheckBoxes.

How can I make the Hidden Items align with the Item Text of the non-hidden items?

Thanks.
Raymond.

BTW, 'FilteredVisibility' could be changed to 'ShowHiddenItems' or just 'ShowHidden' to be more readable and obvious.
Tagged:

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi,

Setting FilteredVisibility to true hides those items which have Hidden flag set to true. That is, FilteredVisibility is used to actually hide items marked to be hidden.
    As to align, I am not sure I follow your idea here: how we can align with items which are not visible? Can you provide kind of sketch of what you want here?

Best regards,
    Victor Bocharov
    bocharov@lmd.de
  • Items that are marked as ElXTree.Items.Item[2].Hidden are still visible unless FilteredVisibility = False.

When this happens and radiobuttons or checkboxes are displayed the tree looks like this:
    [not that R is a RadioButton]

R Item 0
    R Item 1
    Item 2
    R Item 3

Item 2 is aligned flush left with the radiobutton column,.

I want Item 2 to appear in the same column as the other items:

R Item 0
    R Item 1
       Item 2
    R Item 3

with Item 2 not having the radiobutton (just as happens now).

The user may want to change the status of Hidden items to Visible or might just not want them selectable.
    In either case, the display I have shown in the 2nd list above is much more user-friendly.

Thanks.
    Raymond

• edited March 2013 Posts: 0Vote Up0Vote Down
    Added ForceAlign property for described behaviour.
    Will be available in next update release.
  • Thank you.

When will the update be available?

Will this work when printing too?

Raymond
  • Hi, 

Yes, this will work for printing as well.
    Update was planned for last Monday, so I guess it is possible any day now.
  • They are not aligned; too much too the left.

Using a 15*15 pixel image aligns them correctly, but I need the image for something else.
    However, this gives you the size in standard configuration.
    The offset will depend on the size of images, the size of the checkboxes or radiobuttons, the resolution of the screen (perhaps), the number of images displayed (0, 1 or 2), whether the root is displayed or not, and any other factors that affect the horizontal position of the items.

I was surprised when you stated you had finished coding and testing after I made my request.

See attachment.

Raymond
  • Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your note. The new version should correctly align items with custom checkboxes, too, but I see that you are right, items are shifted left too much. I'll check if there was incorrect merge and send you quick fix.

Best regards,
    Victor
  • Fixed version available on SVN
  • Still doesn't align item text.

I have sent an email to LMD Support.

Raymond
    Hi Raymond,

Can you please send me a form with your exltree instance?
    I cannot reproduce the issue, items' text is aligned ok when i set ForceAlign to true

• I have sent a project to mail@lmdteam.com.

Raymond
  • The issue appears to have been fixed in the August release.

The demo project I sent you now shows the items still aligned after removing the RadioButton.

Thank you.
    Raymond