Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dragging a tabbed dock panel does not show docking widget

If I have two dock panels such that they are tabbed and I start dragging the tab to undock it, it works but I do not get the docking widget in order to dock it somewhere else (it appears briefly but only until the panel becomes undocked).  I have to drop it (free floating at this point) and start dragging again in order to get the widget to appear.

is this expected behavior?

Docking pack 2020.9
Delphi 10.4.1

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ideally, it would be better in my case if dragging the tab would not undock.  Our users usually drag the tab just to re-order the tabs and frequently have accidentally dragged it too far, especially on a tablet with their finger, and it becomes undocked.  This is a bit unnerving for users not that familiar with docking.

So, is there any way to prevent dragging by the tab from undocking and only allow undocking by dragging the header?
  • This is not possible. Because, internally dragging tabs to reorder only is also implemented as docking.
  • Understood.  In that light, referring back to my first comment... would it be possible to show the widget while dragging the tab once it becomes undocked without having to drop it and start dragging by the caption bar?
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 0Vote Up0Vote Down
    Confirmed. The issues does not happen with all dock panels. Seems to depend of child controls align. 
    Anyway, I'l look.